COST & VALUE
The price of the survey is more about value and piece of mind rather than the dollars spent on the survey itself. Trust me on this, you would rather know what is going on with the boat of interest than to get a boat that down the road will cost thousands in repair and lay time.
After all, when you’re on your boat, you, your family, crew, and passengers need and want to feel safe and secure. A marine survey serves that need by putting an experienced set of eyes on the boat that are independent. Even if you’re an experienced, seasoned mariner, a marine survey is always worthwhile and normally required by lenders, insurance companies, and some marinas.
My goal is the same as when I was selling boats and yachts. To strive and go beyond the customer’s expectations. To delivery clear and concise information regarding the boat so you know exactly what you are investing and what you are getting yourself into.
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE
All of Maritime Surveyors marine survey reports include at a minimum:
- Full and thorough documentation of the boat systems.
- Full and thorough documentation of the boats overall cosmetic and structural condition.
- Findings & Recommendations.
- Educational Comments and Suggestions.
- Replacement & Market Valuation.
- Depending on the size of the vessel – normal turn around time is 2-3 days
One of the most important aspects of the marine survey. This is where we are underway on the vessel of interest and putting a load on the engines to determine if they are fully functional to meet their optimum performance. A lot of things can be determined while underway.
Having a professional aboard checking engine performance, mechanical systems, sails, rigging, etc., is necessary to find out if the boat is performing properly.
Sea-trials for purchase surveys are included at no charge if they are done the day of the survey. Otherwise I charge an hourly rate (please call for more information).
Maritime Surveyors survey reports are accepted by all insurance companies and lenders.
- Pre-Purchase Condition & Valuation (C&V) Marine Survey: $22.00 – $26.00 per foot.
- Insurance Condition & Valuation (C&V) Marine Survey: $18.00 to $20.00 per foot.
- Marine Appraisals: Donations, Estates, Court Cases, Tax Assessments: Base Price $300. plus hourly (depends on the boat – please call for more information).
- Walk-Through Inspections: Cost effective and perfect for folks out of the area that need a set of eyes and ears at the boat to determine if they want to travel to boat or even make an offer. I’ve saved lots of clients time and lots of money with this service!
- Consulting: By the hour, minimum 1 hour at $150. after which, billing at 1/4 hour increments – If you just need me to stop by your boat quickly or just need to talk to me via telephone or email, no charge for under a 1/2 hour.
- Boatyard Coordination: By the hour – Depends on the scope of the project.
- Ongoing Project Supervision: By the hour – Depends on the scope of the project, please call for more information.
I accept cash, check, PayPal or Venmo. Payment is due before or on the day of the survey.